Beth's Corps Experience

Profiling my time as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Went to Greece...

Trip to Agriculture & Food Products Fair in Greece
On the weekend of March 5th and 6th I accompanied my sheep breeder friends to visit the Agriculture and Food Products fair in Thessaloniki, Greece. Many of you know my previous experiences of traveling with host country nationals have not been pleasant (think Vienna or Germany with the Mayor) so I was dreading this trip. Fortunately though, it went remarkably well. We went with a few professors from the University of Skopje's agriculture department, a few students and 2 Land O'Lakes Macedonia folks. We had a chartered bus and things were all very well arranged, no catastrophe to report. I was also able to meet up with one of the MAK 7 volunteers, Kevin, who now lives in Thessaloniki.
An Overdue Update
Sheep breeders from the western regional association
trying some Greek Feta cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home