Beth's Corps Experience

Profiling my time as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Off to Innsbruck

June 25 was the Tirol-Speed Marathon and Half marathon. In March I signed up to run the halfer, but I was plagued with ridiculous allergy problems all spring, which put a dent in my training schedule. I finally was feeling better a couple weeks before the race and I was certain that I would be able to run at least about three-quarters of it.

We left for Innsbruck (via Ljubljana) on June 22 and of course, I started to catch a cold on the road. By the 24rd I was a sneezing, coughing, achy, stuffy headed Nyquil commercial waiting to be filmed. I was unable to race and was really disappointed. Running through the alps would have been amazing and it was so beautiful there, but I guess it just wasn't meant to happen. I would definitely like to do it another time though. I took this photo from the train from Ljubljana to Innsbruck. The views ofthe mountains are amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home