Beth's Corps Experience

Profiling my time as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Hanging out in Asia

The following day Tamar's friends wanted to head to the part of Istanbul that is considered Asia, they'd never been before and had already seen the other sites in their previous visits to Istanbul. I didn't object because I had the next few days to see the sites while they would be cooped up for training and meetings. It was pretty much like any other big city there with a lot of shops and stores and stuff. Tamar and I got to hang out a lot though, so that was great.

When we returned we headed out in our neighborhood--we were staying in Taksim, a newer area of Istanbul--and we wandered around, visited Starbucks (which made me a little homesick) and explored the our neighborhood.

Pictured here is Tamar and her colleague friend Kristina in an area about 15 minutes away from our hotel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home