Beth's Corps Experience

Profiling my time as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

New Friends and Last Minute Trips


A new Northern American recently moved to Gostivar (well, a few months ago, but I just met him recently) and its been nice since Shaun moved to Veles to be a trainer for the MAK 10 volunteers.

He is here with through an internship with the canadian government, working for an NGO on human rights initiatives. Like I said, tts been really nice having another person from North America who I can relate to, but even better is that it isn't a Peace Corps Volunteer. Don't get me wrong, I love all of us PCVs, but the conversation is always so similar that it is refreshing to have a new and unique perspective.

We went to Ohrid and saw the sites. The weather cooperated with us this weekend, but the week before it was horrible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home