Beth's Corps Experience

Profiling my time as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia.

Monday, September 05, 2005

upcoming stresses ...

And now begins the daunting task of searching for jobs. I feel a little out of practice. A lot of this is uncharted territory for this kid, too, because the jobs I have had in the past were all in Portland--most of them in the political arena (and that is a very small community).

Now I am looking for jobs in DC, I hardly know anyone there, and since I am applying from Macedonia this will undoubtedly complicate things. Part of me thinks I should just calm down and wait until after the holidays to go crazy with the job search. But then the other part of me that has been doing the "Rhetorical Job Search" since December of 2003 just can't calm down. I admit it, I am very uncomfortable with ambiguity in the future. Without a plan I am a nervous wreck.

Below are a few more photos from the COS Conference...



L to R: Liz, Michael and Kendra (aka Keni, a name given to her by her host family 2 years ago).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home