Beth's Corps Experience

Profiling my time as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

We went to a Mexican restaurant

Actually we went to three. Or tried to go to three. The first one was not really Mexican at all, but the name and graphic led us to believe it was. We had an appetizer and beers there the first night and although it wasn't Mexican, it was still pretty good. When I went to Austria a few weeks ago I was really fired up to drink some delicious beer, but because I was sick I didn't drink anything that didn't have some healing power (meaning no delicious beer). But I got my fill in Sofia. Yum.

The Second night we scouted out the second restaurant but didn't look too promising so we then proceeded to the third one. It was interesting. I had a burrito that was pretty good but there were no beans or rice on the plate, only a creamy garlic sauce and straight up tomato sauce. But it was still good. John's meal came swimming in the same unorthodox (for Mexican food) sauces but also a pretty good margarita and the Sangria was tasty. On our way back to the hotel we decided we would try out the chips and salsa at the second "not too promising" place. The sangria was good there too.

Our waiter at the 2nd restaurant took this photo of us (notice the mask in the upper left corner).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home