Beth's Corps Experience

Profiling my time as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Macedonia.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sheep Shearing Competition

The wrestling match was followed by a sheep shearing contest and afterward some dancing by the sheep-breeders and various members of the community (and not me, phew!). An award ceremony in which the best milkers, shearers and winners of a cheese-tasting contest were awarded cash prizes. It was an amusing and interesting day and I think the sheep-breeders enjoyed the events.

Pictured here are some sheep-breeders shearing as fast as they can. Awards were given based on both timing and artistic impression (I am not kidding).

1 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Liz A. said…

    CASH PRIZES?! I smell the work of cash-prize Tony.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home